If you don’t want to eat your fruit, then drink it! Smoothies are an excellent way to take good hair vitamins from fruits and greens and they are delicious too.
Do you know how to make a healthy strawberry smoothie?
Today we are going to make a simple but healthy strawberry smoothie that is very quick to prepare, so it won’t take much of your time.
And don’t forget, it’s beneficial for promoting healthy hair growth!
First, let’s take a look at the basic vitamins of this smoothie:
Strawberry: take your vitamin C
Vitamin C :
- is important for the synthesis of collagen, which is essential for hair quality since it helps reduce the hair breakage during its life.
- improves dry, splitting ends and prevents hair loss.
- helps the production of tyrosine, which is an amino acid that improves blood flow to the roots, hence keeps hair follicles alive.
- has antioxidant properties which encourage hair regrowth by stopping oxidative damage to the cells of the follicles.
- is a natural protector of the immune system overall.
Rice milk: good source of B vitamins
- are essential to the body’s metabolism, nerve function and blood circulation.
- improve blood flow to the scalp.
- help the body process and use the food nutrients, thereby nourishing the hair follicles and promote new hair growth.
- improve the health of the scalp, hair growth, shine and thickness.
Don’t you just love fruit smoothies?
So take out your smoothie maker (or stick blender, classic blender….) and let’s make ourselves a tasty and healthy strawberry smoothie, full of energy and lots of hair vitamins!
(for one serving/300ml glass)
- 5-6 strawberries
- 200ml of rice milk (or milk)
- ½ tsp of honey (optional )
- Remove stems, wash and slice the strawberries
- Pour the milk in the blender
- Add the strawberries
- Add the honey if you prefer sweet flavors or if your strawberries aren’t so sweet or ripe
- Blend them until you have a creamy texture
Drink your healthy strawberry smoothie as soon as you make it, ok? You don’t want to miss all the hair vitamins and the flavor.
Healthy Strawberry Smoothie’s Notes:
- This healthy smoothie hasn’t very thick texture, so if you want it more creamy you could replace rice milk with yogurt.
- I haven’t used any ice, because I used cold strawberries and the rice milk is cold too. You can be a little proactive and have them in the fridge or if you like your smoothie more icy place the strawberries in the freezer until then are frozen. Of course, you can use some ice too but make sure your machine supports ice crushing function. You don’t want to break it!
- If you don’t like rice milk or you want more proteins instead of B vitamins, replace it with milk or yogurt.
- Brown rice is a great source of B vitamins, but some vitamins are lost during rice milk production. So it’s best to choose fortified products.
- I use alpro rice milk which is dolce and enhanced with a smooth vanilla taste. Although, it’s low in proteins (which are also a great source for promoting healthy hair growth), is an excellent choice for those who suffer of lactose intolerance, have irritable bowel syndrome, follow a low cholesterol and fat diet or are vegans. Rice milk being highly starchy is not a good choice for diabetics, because it may cause sudden sugar overload, so watch out and ask your doctor.
- B vitamins and C vitamin play a synergistic role in the overall balance required for a healthy body. When your body is going through stress it depletes stores of B and C vitamins rapidly.
- B vitamins and vitamin C are water-soluble, therefore the body doesn’t store them. Despite the fact that these vitamins can’t accumulate in the body like fat-soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K), that doesn’t mean a high intake of water-soluble vitamins can’t cause health problems. However, it’s unlikely to experience vitamin overdose from food. But you must definitely consult your doctor if you consider taking vitamin supplements.
- Honey mainly consists of carbohydrates which rise blood sugar and act as a short-term energy source. Ideal addition if you are heading to the gym afterwards! But if you are diabetic you know best when to avoid increasing your blood sugar levels, right?
It’s so easy, that you don’t have any excuse not to make it!….except of course if you are allergic to any of the ingredients!
To You With Love.