This Is The Shampoo For Oily Hair That Made Me Shout WOW!
When I first saw the TV advert for this shampoo for oily hair it caught my attention immediately. I thought of my dear cousin and friends that always complain about their hair roots that get greasy too fast. I have used clay on my skin and it’s great for absorbing excess oil, but what about hair?
Clay is an earthy material which forms as a result of rocks’ weathering and erosion. These rocks contain the mineral group feldspar. About 60% of the earth's outer crust is composed of feldspar. During weathering, the feldspar content is altered due to its reaction with water forming the clay minerals.
The use of clay goes way back; think of pottery history and archaeological findings. Evidence has shown that clay had also been used for medical and beauty purposes since ancient years!
At first I was a bit puzzled if I should use this shampoo because my hair roots are not oily. But then the right time came along and I finally gave it a try.
Which one I used?
I used the Elvive Exraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo.
Elvive Exraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo is a clay infused shampoo for oily hair.
(to be exact, for oily roots and dry ends)
KAOLINITE (White Clay)
- This is the most gentle of all clays available.
- White clay stimulates circulation to the skin while exfoliating, but without over-drying it.
- Excellent for dry, sensitive, acne prone, inflamed skin types.
MONTMORILLONITE (Blue Clay)
- This clay is rich in trace elements and minerals and has potent detoxifying properties.
- Blue clay combats bacteria, accelerates blood circulation and stimulates hair growth, removes excessive oil and impurities.
- Excellent for oily skin types and various scalp diseases.
ARGILANE (Green Clay)
- This clay consists of tiny particles that have the ability to penetrate into the scalp to the hair follicles.
- Green clay balances sebum (scalp’s natural oil) production, purifies and rejuvenates the scalp promoting healthy hair growth and gives the hair volume, shine and softness.
- Excellent for normal and oily skin types. It can also be used on dry hair that is suffering from dandruff.
So I did use this shampoo for oily hair
…and I can tell you one thing; it made me shout WOW!
I felt the difference from the first time.
My hair roots were lifted
My hair lengths felt hydrated & bouncy
My hair ends became softer
When my hair had dried I was able to comb it more easily and it didn’t frizz that much. I have to admit I was excited to see my hair ends so “happy”.
Of course I had also applied my beer hair mask, but only a teeny-tiny quantity. I have used this hair mask before so I was sure about the shampoo’s effect on my hair. I could definitely feel the difference on my hair.
Elvive Exraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo
Texture & Smell
- The texture is thick and creamy. It lathers easily on the scalp producing a sufficient amount of foam.
- The smell is nice and simple. Don’t expect any aromas that could stimulate and excite your senses.
- It’s also affordable. That’s important too!
And I haven’t told you the best part yet.
The Elvive Exraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo claims that can give 72 HOURS OF PURIFIED ROOTS AND HYDRATED ENDS. Despite the fact that my scalp only gets a little greasy after 3-4 days, I had to test it.
And I did.
Do you want to know how many days it kept my roots fresh without any sign of oiliness?
10 whole days!
Can you believe it? My hair didn’t smell badly and it seemed as freshly washed! I could have kept it for 2 more days with ease but it’s summer and I desperately wanted to pour some cool water on my head!
Maybe during winter time it could have lasted even more than that.
I was very pleased with the result so I had to share it with all of you my friends who suffer from oily scalp. Maybe it could help you!
However, when I visited L’Oreal’s site I read some of the reviews that women had shared and they weren’t exactly flattering. So I gave it some thought since I had a positive experience and I concluded to some possible reasons:
- their oily roots needed something else that only a dermatologist could have prescribed for them.
- they were suffering from a medical condition which should be addressed by a medical professional.
- they combined the shampoo with another product which didn’t match nicely on their scalp.
- they didn’t use the Elvive Extraordinary Clay Pre-Shampoo Masque, which by the way has very good reviews. However, I didn’t use it because I don’t have oily scalp. I thought it might dry my scalp completely.
- sometimes it just happens; one hair product can be perfect for you but not for me. Everything isn’t for everybody (as with everything in life for that matter!). If you don’t test it yourself you can never know for sure.
Elvive Extraordinary Clay Hair Line
Except for the hair mask that I mentioned above and the shampoo for oily hair that I used, this particular Elvive hair line has also:
- SHAMPOO FOR DANDRUFF (Elvive Extraordinary Clay Anti-Dandruff Shampoo)
- DRY SHAMPOO (Elvive Extraordinary Clay Dry Shampoo)
- CONDITIONER (Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Conditioner)
I’m also going to use the conditioner, because I really liked how this shampoo softened my hair ends. So I suppose the conditioner could provide some more goodness!
Do you suffer from oily scalp? Have you used any of these Elvive hair products? What are your thoughts? I would love your feedback.
To You With Love.