Do you know that dehydrated hair follicles block hair growth? Do you suffer from dry scalp and sensitive hair roots? I know exactly how you feel! If your scalp is dry it can lead to hair breakage, thinning and even hair loss! So don’t hesitate and use this mask with cucumber for hair growth!
You could pick just one reason for your suffering, but dry scalp is usually a combination of factors. Some of them are: season change, high or low temperature, pollution, poor diet, bad choice of hair products, stress, medication or health issues.
A few days ago I felt my hair roots so sensitive and my scalp too dry!
I guess this annoying feeling made me wanna touch my hair roots and twirl them all the time just to find relief from the pain. In addition, my scalp felt tight and slightly itchy. That led to a little bit of scratching which caused some redness.
I thought it could be the season change and the fact that I reduced my water intake without realizing it. I generally struggle to drink water, (you might have the some issue) and during fall and winter months that struggle becomes even harder.
Therefore, I decided to take some action.
Step1: I increased my water intake and I monitor it so I won’t lose track of it. Check out why water is important for hair growth.
Step2: I thought since my hair needs changed, I should also change my shampoo to a more moisturizing one. I am using this shampoo for dry scalp by Apivita.
Step3: I applied a homemade hydrating, soothing and cooling mask with cucumber for hair growth and dry scalp.
Pre-poo Hair Treatment: cucumber for hair growth,
red, flaky, dry scalp & sensitive hair roots
(for about 200ml of hair mask)
- 1 small cucumber (13cm/ 5in)
- 5-6 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the cucumber in small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until it gets creamy.
- Use it before washing your hair as a pre-poo treatment on dry hair.
- Spread the mixture on the scalp with an applicator (or dip your fingertips in a bowl).
- Massage the scalp gently for 5- 10 minutes.
- Wait for about 20-30 minutes.
- Shampoo as usual to remove it.
Benefits of cucumber
for hair growth
Relieves the itchy scalp.
Hydrates the hair roots.
Protects from hair breakage.
Cools the burning skin.
Calms skin redness.
Helps against flakes & eczema.
Cucumber has so many health benefits, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that you should eat them too. Some of the most important cucumber vitamins are K, B5, C, B1, Biotin (B7) and minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, magnesium.
Tip: If you don’t like eating them, make a nice and cooling cucumber juice and drink it to reap all the benefits! Also you can put slices of cucumber into your water.
Notes on cucumber mask for hair growth and dry scalp
- I didn’t peel the cucumber, because I wanted to retain most of its vitamins in the mixture.
Therefore, I had to use a sieve (tea strainer) to leave out the small green pieces of the cucumber’s peel.
- Then I took an empty handwash bottle and a kitchen funnel and poured the mixture inside. If you want to skip these steps, just peel the cucumber before mixing it with all the ingredients in the blender.
- The mixture was applied easily on the scalp, but I found it a little bit difficult to apply it on my hair lengths. So I focused on my issue, which was to cool my scalp and hydrate my dry hair roots.
- It was washed off very easy and quickly. No trouble at all!
- Don’t use very hot water to rinse, because it dehydrates the hair and scalp.
- You can use it every time you feel your scalp dry or irritated.
This cucumber hair mask was very cooling and it soothed my scalp.
I can tell you that my scalp felt an instant relief!
Do you know the famous Greek tzatziki? The smell of this hair mask will remind you of that dip… but without garlic’s strong scent 🙂 . I was very pleased with the cooling effect and soothing results on my scalp and hair roots. Without a doubt, I’ll use it again!
Have you ever used cucumber for hair growth? How it felt? Did you like it? Share your experience, I would love to read all about it!
To You With Love.